Program Description

The HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) program combines Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance for homeless veterans with case management and clinical services provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). VA provides these services for participating veterans at VA medical centers (VAMCs) and community-based outreach clinics.

Who is eligible for the program?

Participants must be homeless veterans and working with the local VA.

How do I apply?

Participants who wish to receive a HUD-VASH voucher must be referred to the Rochester Housing Authority by the Department of Veterans Affairs. For more information, or to inquire about eligibility for this program, contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 585-463-2612 or on the local VA website.

Click here for the Canandaigua VA website

Click here for further information regarding the HUD-VASH program