A minimum level of liability insurance will be required for all construction, maintenance, professional, IT, and other service contracts. Amounts stated may vary for particular procurement requests depending on source of funding as well as contract amount. Specific insurance requirements will be provided with each procurement request.
- General Liability - Covering bodily injury, personal injury, and property damage in an amount not less than $500,000.00 per occurrence
- Workers Compensation - In accordance with NY State statutory requirements
- Automotive Liability - Covering bodily injury and property damage in an amount not less than $500,000.00 per occurrence
Contracts above $25,000 may require $1,000,000.00 in liability coverage.
Additional insurance for professional services:
- Professional Liability - containing errors and omissions coverage in an amount net less than $1,000,000.00
Proof of insurance must be submitted to RHA directly from the insurance company on an Acord "Certificate of Insurance" form with the following information:
- Type of insurance(s)
- Policy number(s)
- Effective Date(s)
- Expiration Date(s)
- Minimum Limit(s)
- List RHA as a Certificate Holder and the form shall state that RHA is to receive written notice of cancellation thirty (30) days before cancellation.
All insurance shall be carried with companies, which are financially responsible and admitted to doing business in the State of New York.
To remain active in the construction, A&E, and maintenance services contractor databases, insurance requirements must remain active.
- A 5% bid guarantee for all construction contracts in excess of $100,000.
- A form of payment and performance bond from the awarded contractor is required on any construction contract in excess of $100,000.
- Additional details regarding bonding requirements are described in HUD form 5369 "Instructions to Bidders for Contracts" under sections "9 - Bid Guarantee" and "10 - Assurance of Completion."